Subject: 83 carver stringer repair (tip)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006
I have completed the stringer repair and it went quite well. I would like to thank you for the fine products and the advice as I went along. I do have a little procedure trick I tried, as the limber holes kept seeping, and I was getting tired of losing the Layup & Laminating Resin into the bilge.
I tried several things to stop the weeping, but was losing the battle. I finally took a can of spray foam, and sprayed it under the holes and went home. The next day the holes were completely sealed, and I was able to continue right to the end. Just took a drywall saw and reopened the limber area. I will have some more clean-up and painting, then out to sea!
Many thanks for the report, and for the little trick to save the resin. We'll post this on our website so others can benefit from your procedure.